Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My very first blog entry - fingers crossed


Hello,

My name is Ms. Jones.  I want to tell you a little about myself, so that you can understand why I wanted to start this blog.

I recently moved in with my boyfriend, (we'll call him Mr. P) whom I have known for 40 years.  Yes, 40 years.  We met in 2nd grade, in a small town in Oregon.  Was it love at first sight?  Probably not.  But I thought he was cute, so much so that I would punch him in the arm on occasion just to let him know.

He turned out to be my first "boyfriend", or at least thats what I was calling him.  He would give me a box of chocolates every year on Valentines Day, so I guess that qualifies.  We each shared our very first kiss behind the baseball diamond, on a dare, and we were both so nervous, we almost missed.  But that was a long, long time ago.

During our grade school years, my mother taught ballet to several young girls, myself included.  And apparently Mr. P wanted to try it too.  I did not find out until much, much later that he was only interested because I was in the class. He became my dance partner for several recitals we put on at the local nursing homes.  Although he wasn't a very good dancer, he excelled in making my mom fall in love with him by his complete adoration for her daughter.

We did go to the junior high school prom together, which he delights in reminding me that I did NOT look very happy in our prom picture.  Personally, I think I was just nervous.  We were friends, had always been friends.  Our families knew each other and my siblings were classmates with his siblings.  Not unusual for a small town.  And then, we graduated.

My, how time flies.

Thanks to social media, I saw him again, after 30 years.  He, divorced from his wife, and I divorced from my husband, we met at a local bar, in our home town, and well......that is where my real story begins.

Stay tuned.....and thank you for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment